Quirky Quail Etsy Shop

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Upcycled French Caned Chair







Wow finally I am making my first post. We will see how it goes.

I finally have gotten on the bandwagon and finished a project. I have seen these all over blog land and I finally got one finished. Hard to do now with a full time job. So here goes...

I painted the chair a lovely turquoise blue and then heavily distressed it and antiqued it. I used drop cloth fabric to recover it and I made the pillow from an image off of Graphics Fairy using the Citra Solv method. Turned out nice if I may say so myself.


I am linking up with My Romantic Home here:
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2011/07/painted-furniture-party.html

6 comments:

  1. Love the chair. You did a beautiful job. Congrats on your first project post. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out very nice - great job, I love the color! I'll be painting a desk that color soon for my daughter, and I'm excited to do something other than white or black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for your comments. It is so fun to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job Vikki. Very frenchy. Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did a great job on this chair. I love the pillow too. I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love that chair. Turned out great

    ReplyDelete