Quirky Quail Etsy Shop

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Memory Quilt for Granny

Wow it has been a long time since my last entry. I have had a busy couple of months. Hopefully I will be able to post more often now.

My siblings and I are putting together a quilt for my mother to celebrate her 81st birthday. Each of my siblings and as many grandchildren as wanted to sent me a quilt block and I set them into the quilt using a twist and turn method. My dear friend Linda suggested this since the quilt blocks were not all the same size. I also added a border using all the different fabrics, this is something different which I had never tried before. Linda will be quilting it for me and I will post again when I get it back. I am really happy with the result, I think my mother will love it as well.
Here is a bit of a close up. The center block is made up from my father's bib overalls which he always  wore. He passed away seven years ago and I wanted to also include him in the quilt. 
Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, but I was in a rush to get the quilt done and off to be quilted. Need time to get it back and bound before our family reunion in August.







5 comments:

  1. This is pretty AMAZING!! I know she will be overjoyed!! So happy for you that your son is back and your French chair.....wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful gift! How fun that everyone was able to participate in making it and I love that patch with your dad's overalls -- so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma is going to LOVE this quilt! This was such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesel, it turned out better than I had hoped for.

      Delete